Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 6, 2017

a free minute

I just realized I have a free minute in the office, so...when that time comes, it´s a good time to shoot off an email! Since it´s been a while, I´ll just go over a couple of highlights. We had our mission leadership council last Tuesday, so that took up a large chunk of our day. I only went to one as a zone leader so it was interesting being on the other side, because rather than being a part of the council I was setting up mics, running presentations, etc etc. 
Thursday was busy because the mission president / wife and the assistants went up to Cairns for zone conferences and district conferences with the branches. I was a little bummed I couldn´t go because Cairns was one of my previous zones, the one I spent 5 transfers in, so I would´ve been able to see lots of members I knew up there, but that´s okay. When they all flew back down yesterday they told me a few of the Atherton members wanted to pass on their love so that was enough. Anyways back to the reason Thursday was busy was because the president and the assistants´flights were at different times so it was a lot of running back and forth to the airport, which luckily is only 10 or 15 minutes away from the mission office. +
Friday night we went to the Chinese branch´s game night. One of my comps, Elder Morris, was called with a chinese speaking assignment so he was serving in that capacity before he came into the office. But he´s our link what the Chinese members/recent converts who we actually spend a decent amount of time with going and getting Chinese food for dinner and stuff like that. Game night was fun, we played a game basically like mafia but they called it werewolf. Luckily it was in English so I wasn´t completely lost.
Monday we helped move a sisters´ flat with a few other elders, so that took a couple hours. But then we went with some elders from a different zone to spend p day with them at an outdoor laser tag place. That was honestly one of the funnest things I´ve done on my mission. We played for like 4 hours at different game modes and things. We even wore camo jumpsuits and everything. The reason I´m not wearing one in one of the pictures is because we had just finished and I had already taken mine off. About the other picture, I have no idea why I look like I have a messed up jaw. Besides that, it´s been busy trying to fixing broken things like the mission website for ordering supplies and putting together videos, which is fun. So yeah! There´s my week. Until next time!
Elder Calvin Cummings



No comments:

Post a Comment