Sunday, February 18, 2018

February 16, 2018

This week in the ABM

I have to admit it's getting harder to find the motivation to email!! But this week has had some fun stuff. Last Friday my companions and I went souvenir shopping for a little bit, since I honestly don't think I'll have time to do it the rest of the transfer. That night we went to the Chinese branch's game night, which we haven't done in many a week but I got to see me old mate Elder Morris. He's doing awesome as the Chinese Zone zone leader. Plus Sue, a really cool member from China, got back from a long overseas trip so I hadn't seen her in a couple months, but she was there too. I should really get pictures of these kinds of things, but alas, I always seem to think the only time I need to take a picture is if it's my "last time" seeing whoever or doing whatever. Oh well!
Saturday was baptism day! We went to one at Park Ridge, one of my old areas! It wasn't a convert baptism, but the family of the girl who got baptized was a family I was really good friends with when I was in the area. The girl's cousin is Patrick, who was one of the youth who used to come out to teach with us a lot of weekends. He was there too, and he was a really good friend so it was nice to see him too. That night we ate at an oriental grill after a baptism in Coomera with the zone leaders. While we were eating some delicious noodles a Fijian guy was working in a tavern nearby came over and started talking to us. We got to know a bit about him, and he asked us to come and visit his family sometime. Obviously we couldn't but the zls set an appt with him, and a few days later set him and his wife on baptismal date! Eating at that grill was an inspired meal :)
Sunday was interesting, because there was a special broadcast for all the members in Australia and New Zealand broadcast from SLC. Elder Lynn G Robbins, Sister Bonnie Oscarson, Elder Kevin Pearson, and Elder Gary Stevenson all spoke. The speaker that stood out to me the most was Elder Stevenson's address, because he basically spent 20 or 30 minutes just talking about President Nelson. His character, his life, and his acheivements. It was really interesting to listen to.
That night we had dinner at the Smiths. At one point there were some seriously freaky storm clouds heading our way, and we stood outside to watch them blow over us, and it was kind of cool because their house was out in the bush, so as the storm came towards us we could see the wind blowing trees and stuff until it hit the house like a wall and things went flying everywhere. It was cool. It rained SUPER heavy for a little while before it was safe enough for us to go.
On Monday night we went to the Chinese branch FHE. That was cool. Tuesday was district meeting. The zone leaders asked me to give a "departing training." That night we had dinner with the Edwards, and as the sun set some clouds blew over and the clouds were flashing with lightning non stop for several minutes. But not much thunder, which is the interesting thing about storms in Australia.
Wednesday we had lunch at a Vietnamese place, played basketball with the Redland Bay elders (I used to serve in Redland Bay as well) and had wings with President, the assistants, and Jeff, a recent convert.
The last couple days, Thursday and Friday, were golden orientation for all the new missionaries. Sadly it was my last golden orientation. But it was still fun, we had trainings, we had role playing, we had KFC for dinner. So good times all around. Cheers!






1 comment: